Q. Who can use the library computers?
Computers are available for the responsible use of all library patrons. The primary purpose of the patron computer is to facilitate learning. Patron computers can be found throughout the library, on the first floor or second floor. Laptops may be checked out for use within the library by students or faculty. Workers at the Circulation Desk are able to provide a login for guests who want to use their own laptops.
- The library reserves the right to ask patrons to forego the use of computers if there are students who need to use them for educational purposes or if they are being used irresponsibly or inappropriately.
- Community patrons may use the computer stations located next to the circulation desk.
- All users must comply with the Computer & Network Acceptable Use policies and Southern Adventist University's Information Technology's Acceptable Use Policy, both linked below.
- Web browsers on library computers may only access a specific range of library-approved websites, and there are restrictions on what applications may be run.
- Children, age 14 and under, may responsibly use the computers if they are accompanied by an adult.
- Headphones are available for use in the library. An ID card is required and there is a $15.00 charge for damage.
Laptops are available for student and faculty checkout at the circulation desk. They may be used in the library by students and faculty for up to 4 hours. More information can be found on the library's website, linked below.